Score Big on Flavor and Health This Super Bowl Season with Smart Food and Drink Swaps
Super Bowl season is here, and it's not just the players suiting up for action. Our taste buds and health goals are joining the action, too. This year, why not make the game a win-win situation by swapping out traditional game day foods and drinks for healthier, yet equally delicious, alternatives?
The First Half: Snack Swaps
- Veggie Nachos Over Classic Nachos: Swap out the standard nacho chips for sliced bell peppers or sweet potato rounds. Top them with black beans, a sprinkle of cheese, and a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a nutrient-packed crunch.
- Air Fried Chicken Wings Instead of Fried: Chicken wings and football are a classic pair. Opt for Air Fried wings tossed in your favorite spices or a light sauce. You'll get all the flavor (and crunch!) without the extra grease.
- Guilt-Free Dips: Trade the calorie-heavy dips for healthier alternatives. Hummus, salsa, and Greek yogurt-based dips can be flavorful without the added fats and calories.
- Cauliflower Buffalo Bites Over Traditional Buffalo Wings: For a veggie twist, try cauliflower bites. Toss them in buffalo sauce and bake until crispy. They offer the spicy kick of wings with fewer calories.
The Second Half: Drink Swaps
Volley Tequila Seltzer - The MVP of Drinks: This Super Bowl, let Volley Tequila Seltzer be the star of your beverage lineup. It's crafted from three simple ingredients: 100% blue agave tequila, sparkling water, and organic juice.
- Citrus Sparkler: Blend Volley Tequila Seltzer with freshly squeezed lime and orange juice for a tangy, vitamin-rich drink. Skip the added sugars to keep it light and refreshing.
- Spicy Seltzer Margarita: Infuse Volley Tequila Seltzer with a slice of jalapeño and a squeeze of fresh lime. Rim the glass with salt for flavor without extra calories. The spiciness adds a kick without added sugar.
- Minty Tequila Refresher: Combine Volley Tequila Seltzer with fresh mint leaves and lime juice. Use a natural sweetener like stevia if you need a bit of sweetness. This drink is a low-calorie twist on the mojito.
- Ranch Water Revamp For a classic with a twist, mix Volley Tequila Seltzer with a generous squeeze of lime. Garnish with a lime wheel for a refreshingly simple, low-calorie take on the traditional Ranch Water.
Overtime: Sweet Endings
Fruit-Based Desserts: For a sweet finish, choose fruit-based desserts. A fruit platter, baked apples, or a dark chocolate-dipped fruit assortment can satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthier way.
This Super Bowl, make the smart swap to healthier food and drink options. With these simple changes, you'll not only enjoy the flavors of traditional game day favorites but also feel good about your choices. Cheers to a healthier, happier game day experience! 🏈🥑🍹
Happy Super Bowl!